Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Back To The 40s With Scarlet And Grey Stripes

First, let me apologize for the erroneous dating of my 2 previous catch-up tie reports. That's what I get for lagging behind and watching the webcasts in a row. Now, on to la cravate du jour! Tonight's tie marks a triumphant return to The Vintage Series of mid-February; its rich grey and scarlet stripe is knotted with a single-dimpled Windsor close to the throat. Its cut is generous and almost voluptuous. Oh, how I do love this tie! It hearkens back to the 1940s, those days of the three-button double-breasted suits with wide lapels and smart tailoring. Can't you just picture BW, one leg up on the running board of say, a 1942 Chrysler New Yorker, giving the brim of his snazzy Fedora a snap? Oh, in this tie? I most certainly can.